The #ecoo13 committee is happy to announce that registration is now open for the 2013 Conference, “Bring IT, Together”, Wednesday-Friday, October 23-25. When you’re ready to register, visit the website and click on the orange button to get started.
If you know the ECOO Conference from the past, you’re going to love it going forward.
- NEW Venue – Scotiabank Convention Centre, Niagara Falls, ON;
- NEW Partnerships – ECOO and OASBO ICT join efforts to create a better conference;
- NEW Social Events – Lots of opportunities to make new friends;
- NEW Presenters – Many new faces will be on the program!
I am very excited as I watch all of the pieces fall into place.
I’m looking forward to hearing Amber MacArthur and Jaime Casap bring their messages through their keynote addresses.
I’m excited to learn about:
- 3D printers;
- Minecraft in the Classroom;
- Early Years computer activities;
- Where MOOCs fit into Ontario Education;
- The principles behind Maker Spaces;
- How classrooms can go paperless;
- How to run an Internet radio station;
- oh, the list goes on. I can’t list them all.
There were so many Ontario Educators that were unable to attend the recent Google Summit in Kitchener. The conference will rectify that with a full featured Google SPOT Custom Google Apps for Education series of workshops on Wednesday. I think that it will be really exciting that there is a French or FSL session in every timeslot for our francophone and FSL colleagues.
There’s so much more and a simple blog post just can’t cover it all.
The entire conference is available for preview here. While you’re at the Lanyrd website, download the app for handy access to all of the conference information. And, look around. As people express an interest in attending, they’ll be noted. You’ll recognize many names and faces and Lanyrd has a feature that lets you indicate that you want to actually meet that person at the conference.
There will be many opportunities to make those connections. Of course, there are the sessions! But don’t forget the band/dance and Open Mic on Wednesday, the banquet on Thursday, the photowalk Thursday evening, the fun run on Friday morning, and just the opportunity to sit down and chat/learn with other attendees.
If you’re a Twitter user, make sure you’re following @pmcash and @ecooWeb. These accounts will be a great source of information between now and October.
#ecoo13 is going to be a great conference. Make sure that you’re there and please help spread the word about this self-directed professional learning event.
- Filling a Dance Card (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- An Interview with Cyndie Jacobs (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- An Interview with Zoe Branigan-Pipe (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- Getting Started with Planboard (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- This Week in Ontario Edublogs (dougpete.wordpress.com)
3 thoughts on “And —- we’re off!”