I think this is cool.
1) In my regular Friday post, I ask Ontario Educators who do not have their blog listed here to complete the form so that I can add them to the Livebinder.
2) Shadi and Heather attended the Ontario Google Summit. I know Shadi and had a quick conversation with her before her presentation in the library at Eastwood.
So, back to Point #1. I get an entry in the collection document from @buttercuphll asking to list a new blog. It’s called “The 20% Project”. Rather than just adding it without checking, which would be a dumb thing, I flip over and check it out. There are two posts. Eeeeeeeh.
Then I look at the date. They’re from this week so that deserves a closer look.
Look I do and I’m impressed. One of the points made at the Google Summit is that Google employees are allowed to devote 20% of their work hours towards personal projects. In this project, the classes are going to take the same approach – devote 20% of their time to projects of their own initiative. What a great concept and a natural since the district will be using Google Apps for Education.
The logic is there. I wish them good luck and will be peeking in every now and again to see how it’s going!
- Google Apps for Education Summit (uaacoe.wordpress.com)
- How To Start Using Google Apps In Education (edudemic.com)
- 40 Ways to Use Google Apps in Education (teacherlingo.com)
- Google Apps for Education (sophisticatedfinance.typepad.com)
- Biggest Takeaway from the Google Summit (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- 40 Ways to Use Google Apps in Education (educatorstechnology.com)