I don’t know about you but I’m sick of winter. I don’t know why this winter was so particularly annoying but it was. We didn’t have a great deal of snow but the cold and the wind just continually would make things so unpleasant. As a three times plus a day dog walker, I got to feel the miserable weather so often.
This past weekend, things started to look up. We were up to 17 degrees for one day before the bottom fell out again. The long range forecast doesn’t look all that promising.
I ganged up on Wiarton Willie for a bad forecast on Facebook. It made me feel better for a bit but the next walk reaffirmed that spring was still a ways away.
Then, another stormageddon smacks Ontario this week. Enough already.
That’s why I found this recent article from The Atlantic as a real spirit pickerupper.
It’s a collection of 33 photos from around the world. These are incredible images – the type I wish that I could take. It requires being in the right place at the right time with the right camera and the settings just right.
Enjoy it here.
- Town comes to Wiarton Willie’s defence over weather (cp24.com)
- Town comes to Wiarton Willie’s defence after complaints over chilly weather (timescolonist.com)
- Wiarton Willie avoids legal action – unlike U.S. counterpart Punxsutawney Phil (thestar.com)
- Attorney: Groundhog’s failed forecast warrants death penalty (cp24.com)
- First day of spring arrives with cold, flurries (cp24.com)
- Are You Ready for Another Winter Wallop? (redcrosstalks.wordpress.com)