This is not a serious post. If you’re looking for one, pass, and find another post to read.
Last night, I was watching the Grammy Awards and watching LL Cool J doing his “hashtag”, “hashtag”, “hashtag” thing and it reminded me that I hadn’t checked the permissions I’d given other applications to my Twitter account for a while. Why the connection? I haven’t a clue.
So, it was off to log onto Twitter and, from the gear menu, I chose Settings. I’ll confess to a weakness here – whenever I see a popup menu entitled “Language”, I’m a sucker to see the list of languages that an application supports. The usual ones are there – English, French, Danish, … and then I noticed something that caught my attention. “LOLCATZ (BETA)”
You know that I had to give it a try. After all, LOLCATS.COM is always a spot to go for a pick me up if you need a chuckle or two. I saved the setting and look what happens to the Settings page.
Could I live in this environment?
Well, perhaps for a while anyway.
I spent most of my Twitter time in Hootsuite anyway.
At the least, it brought me a smile.
Powered by Qumana
- Twitter can haz Lolcat speak? (digitaltrends.com)
- Twitter unveils Lolcatz language, makes it available naow (slashgear.com)
- Can you speak LOLCATZ? Twitter users now can (metro.co.uk)
- Twitter adds lolcatz to language options, somehow fails to be clever with it (techi.com)
- I Can Has Twitter In LOLCat? (ohgizmo.com)
- You Can Haz Twitter in Lolcat Speak Now (news.softpedia.com)
- LOLspeak now a Language on Twitter! (cheezburger.com)
- O hai, Twitter now has LOLcat language opshun, kthxbai (engadget.com)
- Twitter Now Speaks LOLcat (mashable.com)