I’ve had a Rebelmouse account for a while now. I think it’s a terrific way to summarize things that I’m doing with social media. Quite frankly, I’m just using it to gather my activity from Twitter so that it’s all in one spot. I could add links to Instagram (I don’t use), Tumblr (not really using it now), Pinterest (which is a collection of my blog posts) or an RSS feed (I use Feedly for that.) So, it could be bigger but I’m good with what I’m doing now.
I’ve blogged a couple of times about what I’m doing and how I’m doing it.
Just recently, the developers have added a great deal more functionality to this wonderful program.
1) You can now customize colours and fonts. Those that know me know that that will involve Verdana fonts and lots of green. It’s not one of the standard templates that they provide, however, a little editing of the CSS to create a customized theme. I’m not done with it yet but am pleased with what I’ve done so far.
2) Now, that’s really cosmetic. The really handy feature in the revised Rebelmouse is the ability to create pages based upon the source of your content.
Now, instead of everything being lumped into one stream of resources shared, tabs across the top of the landing page let you zero in on, in my case, the source for what I’ve shared.
I’ve just started to get the knack of this and really like the way that it allows for a review of what I’ve done recently. I suspect that anyone who is interested in what I’m doing will find it helpful as well.
If you don’t have a Rebelmouse page tracking and sharing your activity, why not? Give it a try – you’ll like it.
It’s a terrific way to review and organize your resources – if you’re looking for a handy way to organize classroom resources, this may be the tool that you’re looking for.
Powered by Qumana
- Our quaint little side project, DigitSlam, is RebelMouse’s… (shortformblog.com)
- RebelMouse Hires Former CNNMoney And VaynerMedia Talent To Build Out Its Content And Partnerships (techcrunch.com)
- RebelMouse: An Easy Way to Organize Your Social Media Brand (mnprblog.com)
- 7 Reasons I’m Loving Rebelmouse (timberry.bplans.com)
- Do You REALLY Need All Those Social Media Networks? (blogs.constantcontact.com)
- MuckReads, Meet RebelMouse (propublica.org)