I’m lying in bed getting my daily fix of news on my Zite application. I flip to the Education second and I’m seeing stories like these.
- 11 People Who’d Rather Arm Teachers Than Talk About Gun Control
- Oregon lawmaker: Arm teachers to prevent school shootings
- Oklahoma Republican’s bill would arm teachers and train them like law enforcement
- MNGOP Rep. Tony Cornish will introduce legislation to arm teachers
- VA Gov. Bob McDonnell — Arm Teachers
- ISRA wants to arm teachers, janitors
- Gun lobby: Train, arm teachers for defense
- Arm Teachers To Save Our Children, Now
That’s just a beginning. Find as much as you can stomach here.
Thankfully, there are voices of reasons.
- Texas gun store owner gives ‘teacher discount’ on handgun licenses (redalertpolitics.com)
- Should teachers carry guns in school? (kfor.com)
- Oklahoma Republican’s bill would arm teachers and train them like law enforcement (rawstory.com)
- Should Va. teachers, school administrators carry guns? (wtvr.com)
- Oregon lawmaker says teachers should be allowed to have guns in school (oregonlive.com)
- Arming teachers should be discussed, Bob McDonnell says (wjla.com)
- Ore. lawmaker says teachers should be allowed guns (kgw.com)
- Schools show interest in Texas policy allowing teachers to carry guns (kdvr.com)