This search engine is specially made for the mathematicians and scientists in the crowd.
How often have you wanted to do a search for a particular equation requiring specialized characters? Quick, where is that alt-code cheat sheet? Well, in fact, you can find it here.
Wouldn’t it be nicer if there was an easier way?
There is. Check out Symbolab.
Typing any formula is as simple as using your regular keyboard and then the buttons on the top row. Results come first from Wolfram Alpha and then the deep searching begins.
Let’s start with a simple example y=mx+b
Actually, there’s no real reason that you couldn’t use a traditional search engine for that equation so let’s try something a little more complicated.
How about something like:
There’s a formula that would be a real challenge with your alt-codes. It’s a snap with Symbolab.
And now, the results
The top row of the search engine is actually a series of buttons that can be expanded with a click. So, the sin / cosh button opens to reveal…
This site features just a wealth of functionality if the need to search for specialized symbols is in your future. BTW, the chemistry symbols section is under development as I write this.
The topper? How about a calculator to go with all this goodness!
- Symbolab – A Scientific Equation Search Engine (freetech4teachers.com)
- The guys from The Big Bang Theory will love mathematical search engine Symbolab (thenextweb.com)
- Symbolab: search engine for equations in LaTeX (motls.blogspot.com)
- Solving Word Problems with Wolfram|Alpha (wolframalpha.com)
- Symbolab: Customer Review (theoryclass.wordpress.com)
- 9 Awesome Search Engines That Aren’t Named Google (hubspot.com)
Please share your thoughts here. I’d enjoy reading them.