Yesterday was a great planning day. Those of us on the ECOO 2012 Planning Committee got together to continue the process of making sure that everything is all set for this year’s conference on October 25, 26. The preconference on the 24th adds even more value to the conference attendees.
As I blogged earlier, the conference promises to be the most social ever – we’ve even got a Facebook page where we’re sharing some of the exciting sessions, one day at a time, highlighting the awesome sessions that will be offered by Ontario educators. The hashtag is in place – #ECOO12 and folks are already discussing in anticipation.
What would a good technology conference be without an app? We’ve got you covered there as well. We’re using the Lanyrd service to assemble and schedule all the component pieces. With an audience using such diverse technologies, it only makes sense to push the web application for those who like to plan ahead and explore everything!
Here you’ll be able to explore the event, plan your conference, see who’s attending, and read speaker biographies.
From top to bottom, there are great events with content designed to appeal to everyone. Nora Young is but one of the keynote speakers and she’s going to host a panel discussion of the other keynote speakers: Jaime Casap, John Seely Brown, and Michael Fullan.
The Committee is excited to see how all the pieces are starting to fall into place. Please take the time to bookmark the web application so that you can join in on the excitement and I hope to see you there.
- 2012 ECOO Conference (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- Socially Gearing up for the ECOO Conference (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- This Week in Ontario Edublogs (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- Look for it (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- Start with a Question, not a Statement (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- An Interview with Brenda Sherry and Peter Skillen (dougpete.wordpress.com)
- Lanyrd Makes Foursquare Useful (programmableweb.com)