I was tagged by TheCleverSheep to confess 7 Things You Don’t Need to Know About Me. It’s hard to knock it down to seven but, what the hey. Let’s give it a shot.
7. I hold a number of swimming certifications. I was an instructor and examiner for the Canadian Red Cross and the Royal Life Saving Society while going to school. To this date, my prized possession is my Award of Merit medal which I wear on a chain around my neck with my Bronze Medallion. “Whomsoever you see in distress, recognize in him a fellow man” On the same chain is my Medic Alert and a stylized “B” given to me by daughter Bubby in 1998. Standing joke is that it isn’t actually a “B”.
6. While on this reminisce, I worked as a lifeguard all through school so couldn’t always play my first love, baseball. However, I became an umpire with the Ontario Baseball Association and the Western Ontario Athletic Association. That way, I could still get to watch baseball on my irregular nights off and make a few bucks on the side.
5. Thanks to my parents, a complete set of The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew adorn our bookshelves in our rec room. Until recently, I also had the pleasure and honour to work with a Nancy Drew.
4. My most embarrassing moment was when choir practice was halted and I was asked to move from one side of the choir to the other side because apparently my voice had changed during the past week. It killed my love of singing. Now, I just sound like a deflated tire and do it in the car by myself.
3. I own 5 iPods. (but it hasn’t helped me find my voice)
2. My best dog ever, Max, died in the back seat of a Pontiac Acadian on the 401 during a snow storm on Christmas Eve.
1. My proudest moments to date – Brittany’s graduation, Andy’s graduation(s), Gillian’s graduation(s) and being able to walk down the aisle with her at her wedding last spring.
I’m not a real fan of memes and tagging others as I’ve always felt it to be a quasi-legitimate form of spam so I’m not going to name folks although there are lots of folks that I’d like to know about. If you’re reading this and would like to respond or create your own post, please do so with my blessing. Let me know if you do.