Today is July 1. In Canada, that means at least two big celebrations. In Newfoundland and Labrador, it’s Memorial Day. Throughout Canada, it’s Canada Day. It’s a day to celebrate Canada as a country. Hopefully, you’ll see red and white and flags everywhere. Around here, there’s a full day of things planned, culminating in the mandatory fireworks display at Fort Malden.
Flags in Downtown Amherstburg
I know that many visitors to this website are not Canadian. To help you understand and appreciate, I’m including the epic “Tom Brokaw Explains Canada to Americans”.
And, for fun and pride, a current video from Molson
Happy Canada Day.
- Happy Canada Day (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)
- Canada Day Cupcakes (anitakushwaha.wordpress.com)
- Oh, Canada! (toughbananasblog.wordpress.com)
- Memorial Day service in St. John’s to honour dead soldiers (cbc.ca)
- Happy 146th Birthday Canada! ~ Joyeux Anniversaire Canada! (rainsoftottawa.wordpress.com)