The Western Regional Computer Advisory Committee annually hosts a one day symposium highlighting some of the very best initiatives happening in the school districts in Southwestern Ontario. This year’s event will be held at the Lamplighter Inn in London, Ontario on December 6.
Check out the list of offerings for this year’s symposium.
- You Got Your F2F In My LMS (Derek Stenton, LKDSB)
- Chromebooks in the Classroom (Mark Carbone, Ron Millar and Jamie Reaburn Weir, WRDSB)
- Parent / Teacher Communication Made Easy (Doug Sadler, WECDSB)
- Big Ideas, Little People (Janet Martin and Cheryl Leis, WRDSB)
- ThinkPads to iPads (Catherine Montreuil and Theresa Harrietha, BGCDSB)
- Digital Human Library (Leigh Cassel, AMDSB)
- iPads: The Magic Window for Learning in a Grade 3-4 Class (Michelle Cordy,TVDSB)
- Going Paperless (Travis Allen)
- Conversation with Gary Stager
- Are We Getting IT Right? (Brian Engleﬁeld, BHNCDSB)
- Literature Circles 2.0 (Carey Eldridge, LKDSB)
- Blend It Like Beckham (Rose Burton Spohn, eLearning Ontario)
- iPads 1 to 1 (Paul Hatala, HWDSB)
- Increasing Student Interactivity – Our Journey Beyond the Interactive Whiteboard (Chris Knight, GECDSB)
- OSAPAC Updates (Danuta Woloszynowicz, SMCDSB)
- What’s Your Favourite App? (Diana Doctor, AMDSB)
The day also features two keynote addresses. Travis Allen will begin the day highlighting his iSchool initiative and Gary Stager shares The Best Educational Ideas in the World: Adventures on the Frontiers of Learning.
- This Is What Learning Looks Like by Gary Stager (Nov 2012) (speedofcreativity.org)
- “8 Big Ideas” from Gary Stager (aarontyodickerson.org)
- Notes from Gary Stager’s Keynote: 2012 Interactive Learning Institute #k20ili (speedofcreativity.org)
- Some technology schools should stop buying TODAY (doug-johnson.squarespace.com)
- iPads in Education – 32 Port Sync & Charge Station for iPads (prweb.com)